Tarrant County Fire Marshall RANDY RENOIS, News Release
FIREWORKS SAFETY TIPS 2017
Here are a few tips on how you can have a safe Fourth of July:
- Take your family to a PUBLIC FIREWORKS DISPLAY. Look in your local newspaper or online for locations and times for these public displays. LEAVE THE FIREWORKS TO THE PROFESSIONALS.
- Do not ignite fireworks in your city. Most cities in Tarrant County have stiff penalties for igniting fireworks in their city limits.
- You CAN NOT IGNITE FIREWORKS:
- From a motor vehicle or shoot fireworks towards a motor vehicle. This means you can not pull over to the side of the road and ignite your fireworks.
- Within 600 feet of any church, hospital, licensed childcare center, or public or private school.
- Within 100 feet of a place where fireworks are sold or stored.
- Within 100 feet of a place where flammable liquids or flammable compressed gasses are stored or dispensed.
- If you do decide to ignite fireworks be sure and have an area where the grass has been mowed and cleaned to prevent any grass fires from occurring.
- Do not let your children ignite the fireworks, you do it for them. Most fireworks related injuries come from children igniting fireworks.
- Stay clear of structures such as homes, barns, and storage buildings when igniting fireworks.
- Remember, not all of the fireworks will perform as they are made to do. IF ONE DOES NOT EXPLODE AFTER IT HAS BEEN LIT, LEAVE IT ALONE. Many fireworks related injuries have occurred from fireworks that have a delayed ignition.
- Always consider property owners who have horses or livestock and outdoor pets.
**** Very Important Reminder
THE ONLY PLACE TO IGNITE FIREWORKS IN THE UNINCORPORATED AREAS OF TARRANT COUNTY IS IF YOU OWN PORPERTY IN THE UNINCORPORATED AREAS OR YOU RECEIVE PERMISSION FROM A PROPERTY OWNER IN THE UNINCORPORATED AREA TO ALLOW YOU TO IGNITE YOUR FIREWORKS.